Project Summary - PI.17.12
Summary and Method
The project will conduct a developmental evaluation of narrative therapy approaches practised by Uniting Care and Relationships Australia NSW and document the processes of engagement when domestic violence is noticed in individual, couple and family counselling.
This qualitative study will use: a literature review; organisation mapping documenting the scope, nature and complexity of the DFV work undertaken by the partner agencies; and interviews with men, partners/ex-partners and therapists (n=40 for each) to provide a holistic understanding of men’s experiences of engagement, behaviour and attitudinal change, accountability and responsibility.
Project outcomes will provide greater understanding of the therapeutic and service delivery practices that lead men to engage with, or disengage from programs, and will specifically contribute to a growing understanding of key values and principles of narrative therapy that support engagement and enable change.
Prof Sarah Wendt, Flinders University
- Dr Fiona Buchanan, University of South Australia
- Dr Kate Seymour, Flinders University
- Dr Rebecca Gray, Relationships Australia NSW
- Dr Tim Broadly, Research Partner Relationships Australia NSW
- Mr Chris Dolman, Research Partner Uniting Communities
- Mr Daniel Moss, Uniting Communities