Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS) has been established as an independent company limited by guarantee. The members of the Company are all nine Australian governments.
The principal activity of the Company is the promotion of the prevention or control of human behaviour that is harmful or abusive to human beings, specifically the reduction of violence against women and their children, which will be carried out through the following activities:
- facilitating research that:
- develops and expands the understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault as specific forms of violence against women; and
- identifies measures and interventions that:
- prevent violence against women;
- stop re-offending;
- promote the best interests of women and their children; and
- enable recovery from domestic violence and sexual assault;
- promoting the development of evidence that drives action to reduce violence against women and their children by:
- leading the development of national research into domestic violence and sexual assault that creates an evidence base that can influence government policy, programs and practice;
- analysing and recommending ways to improve service delivery across the domestic violence and sexual assault sector; and
- analysing and recommending evidence-based actions that prevent domestic violence and sexual assault;
- developing and promoting a national research agenda in consultation with all governments across Australia;
- commissioning and supporting research to improve the volume and quality of research into domestic violence and sexual assault;
- ensuring relevant research and evidence is widely disseminated;
- keeping across international developments in the fields of domestic violence and sexual assault and disseminating or utilising as appropriate.
The Company will establish and maintain the Fund for the specific purpose of the promotion of the prevention or the control of human behaviour that is harmful or abusive to human beings, specifically the reduction of violence against women and their children. The Fund is established to receive all gifts of money or property for this purpose and must not receive any other money or property into its account and it must comply with Subdivision 30-EA of the ITAA.
The Company must pursue charitable purposes only and must apply its income in promoting those purposes.
The Company will apply to be endorsed as an Income Tax Charitable Institution under Subdivision 50-B of the ITAA.
ANROWS Constitution 2017.pdf (241.87 KB)
ANROWS Authorship policy.pdf (89.9 KB)
Staff and Associates Code of Conduct.pdf (108.12 KB)