Blue Knot Foundation training: A Three-Phased Approach - Working Therapeutically with Complex Trauma Clients
This two-day interactive professional development training presents the 3-phased approach for working therapeutically with complex trauma clients.
Day 1 focuses on phase 1 safety and stabilisation emphasising the need for ‘top down’ and ‘bottom up’ approaches to treatment, assessment and resource acquisition. Day 2 presents phase 2: processing the trauma focusing on an overview of memory, including traumatic memory and perception, and workshopping working within the ‘window of tolerance’ - tracking pacing & titrating. It also explores transference/countertransference, enactments and working with ‘difficult’ behaviours.
Also on Day 2, phase 3: integration focuses on the neurobiology of integration, the development of mentalisation, dealing with cognitive distortions and the arena of freedom and liberation. The training promotes safety and the significance of phase 1 throughout all phases and the centrality of the therapeutic attachment alliance.
The training is interactive and involves role plays, vignettes and case studies. Participants will leave the training with insights and tools which foster hope, recovery, enhance client and staff wellbeing and minimise the risks of re-traumatisation.
By participating in this professional development training, attendees will:
- Delineate the three (3) phases of trauma treatment establishing the critical importance of phase 1, ‘setting the scene’ and conducting phase 1 assessment
- Foster resource development across all 7 domains
- Acquire knowledge and skills around components of phase 2 trauma work
- Apply an understanding of traumatic memory and working within the window of tolerance to practice
- Workshop skills for working with transference/countertransference, enactments and working with ‘difficult behaviours’
- Demonstrate knowledge & understanding of the components of integration (phase 3); mentalising, cognitive distortions/meaning making & the ability to experience pleasure
Multiple dates and locations as below (please note each session has its' own registration link)
Venue: Mantra on Northbourne, Canberra
Date: Thursday 27th April to Friday 28th April 2017, 8:45am - 4:30pm
Venue: Portside Conference Centre, Sydney
Date: Thursday 18th May to Friday 19th May 2017, 8:45am - 4:30pm
Venue: Velg Training, Brisbane
Date: Thursday 1st June to Friday 2nd June 2017, 8:45am - 4:30pm
Venue: St Marks College, Adelaide
Date: Thursday 15th June to Friday 16th June 2017, 8:45am - 4:30pm